Okay, I’ll be the first to admit that I’m slacking off here! I definitely have three different flavors I’ve been meaning to share with you. I’ll start off with one that I really, truly loved:
Breyers Blasts! Girl Scout Thin Mints
THE DISH: A non-green mint, with flakes of chocolate and crushed Thin Mints cookies in irregular shapes and sizes (sometimes you get lucky and find a whole one!) – it’s like cookies&cream, but with Thin Mints instead of “chocolate sandwich cookies”.
PROS: PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING. Seriously. This was awesome. Lovely minty flavor – I couldn’t tell if it was the cookies or the ice cream but either way, it was a nice dispersion. The chips were the perfect size/thickness. The texture of the cookies was awesome – like they had been dunked in a glass of milk for the perfect amount of time. Nice overall mouth feel!
CONS: I honestly couldn’t think of any while eating it. And I can’t come up with any now.
OVERALL RATING: 4 out of 5 stars – I can’t justify a 5 star rating in this context because it is not technically a “mint chocolate chip” ice cream. But I would totes give it 5 stars just for existing, outside of the TQFTMDMCCIC context!!! Yummm. I hope this sticks around.
Anyone else found this flavor and given it a try? Do you prefer just chips or cookies in your mint ice cream??
Current LDS General Relief Society Presidency [image c/o LDS.org]
- Just got home from the General Relief Society Meeting not too long ago — it was wonderful! I loved all of the talks, but Linda S. Reeves really got me. I feel like they addressed a lot of the current issues that are troubling Sisters around the world, without directly addressing them. It was just so beautiful, and the hymn arrangements brought a tear to my eye as well 🙂
- Speaking of current events — a dear friend of mine recently started this blog! Empowered LDS Women. Stories of women who have found fulfillment and purpose through the gospel of Christ and the LDS (Mormon) church. I like it a lot.
- On a related note, I’m also starting to contribute to another blog, Heavenly Homes and Forever Families, written by my friend Hannah! My very first post went up today, just a smidge more on gender equality, Empowered LDS Women, and my feelings on these matters 🙂 But I’ll be posting some of my sewing adventures there in the near future! I’m excited!
- Wow I just got real religious on you all. Guess you know who I really am and what I really spend most of my time thinking about now 😉
- Let’s talk about family Halloween costumes. Current ideas: Yzma+Kronk+baby squirrel, Luke+Leia+baby Yoda, Aragorn+Arwen+baby Hobbit, Rex (Kwon Do)+Starla+their fictional baby. Your votes (if you can even understand that shorthand)?
- I’M ACTUALLY GETTING THE HANG OF KNITTING. This is a big, huge, fat deal. I’ve tried so many times! This bandana cowl is going to be my first project….many, many thanks to my incredible sister-in-law for actually teaching me to knit and helping me adjust the gauge and such. She’s got some serious skillz. One of the many reasons I’m glad we’re family 🙂
- So remember that quest about the minty chocolaty ice cream??? Yeah, it’s still happening, I’m just lazy. Look for something coming your way on Monday 🙂
- In the spirit of TQFTMDMCCIC, I tried this shake on Friday: But the bigger story here is that Gott’s Roadside is opening a location in Palo Alto on Monday [SO EXCITING] but my friend Jayna happened to discover they were doing free lunch last Thursday in order to train their employees! So, that was awesome. The shake was good. So was the burger. The sweet potato fries and ranch were interesting.
- ALSO it’s been sort-of cold enough to wear scarves!!!!!! MY FAVORITE!
This particular beauty made by the one and only Jubilant Jessi [click through to her blog]!
- Okay, I think that’s about all that I need to unload right now. Except that I really want to tell you all that I had the erm, enlightening, experience of using a Diva Cup for the first time today. I think I like it. I just don’t like the reason for needing it 😛
Hope you’re all enjoying your weekend! 🙂