I’ve blabbed a lot about my eyesight on this here blog, and as someone who’s worn glasses since the age of six I thought I had experienced nearly everything there is with regards to corrective lenses. Well, everything age-appropriate, that … Continue reading
So, that 30-day self portrait challenge. I’ve been kind-of keeping up with it.
Without further ado, I’d like to present a look at my past week via pictures of myself on the days I have experienced within the past week!
So, there’s that. Daisy and I enjoyed a short trip with my family, to meet her great-grandparents last weekend! We enjoyed Oregon very much! But we were both grateful to be reunited with the hubs/pops.
I didn’t skip as many photos as I thought I did, which surprised me. It’s been interesting trying to take photos of myself each day…I feel slightly ridiculous, but it’s good to be consistent about something and it does make me feel good. It’s an easy thing to do to for a little bit of “me” time, and I enjoy the challenge of thinking up new ways to see myself through a
crappy iPhone camera lens each day.
Because you were such a good sport and put up with staring at my face and such through this post, here is a treat for you:
when I start doing things like this and laughing hysterically….it’s a good sign that I need more sleep. being a single parent is hard, yo. I now have mad respect for all of you single parents out there, and I only had to go it alone for a long weekend. If I could see each of you in person right now, you would get a huge hug.
I feel terrible about neglecting this blog lately…I haven’t hardly had time to sit down and type anything up since my baby girl was born [on this OR my other blog]!
So, here is a stream of consciousness and some fun facts for you.
[spoiler alert: you’re in for a real treat]
001. When I am in my own home, I rarely close the door to the bathroom when I’m using it. Usually this is only when I’m by myself [or with one of my two family members], but sometimes I forget that it’s not considered a socially acceptable practice when company is over…Luckily, the toilet is strategically placed to not be visible from two out of four rooms in the house, but I apologize in advance if any of you ever come to my house and catch me on the pot. It could definitely happen.
002. The name of this blog is derived from the food my hubs and I chose to have at our wedding reception….Belgian waffles and a variety of breakfast cereals. It was delicious. And awesome. We love breakfast foods so much that our favorite celebratory dining spots are iHOP and Denny’s.
003. My hair is getting ridiculously long. And also, it is falling out [postpartum bodily changes are FUN]! And lately it has spent 75% of the time in a braid, the other 24% is bun time, and there’s about 1% of down time. I reckon I ought to get it legitimately cut/styled soon…
004. This is still one of my all-time favorite pictures, crappy cell phone quality and all:
She is SO BIG now [3.5 months!] and babbles, giggles, and cries louder than any other baby I have yet to hear…but she’s happy a vast majority of the time so that’s okay 🙂 she loves reading stories and being sung to. My favorites are Sandra Boynton books and Puff The Magic Dragon. I’m sure she’ll voice her preferences soon.
005. I made a new duvet cover! Pictured beneath ‘zee in the above photo.
006. And I actually DID find the time to write a little something for my new favorite blog, it was published today! Click on over to Hourglassy if you want to hear about some of my happy swimsuit memories [and see probably the most hysterical photo of my sister and I that has ever existed]. I just loved Darlene’s prompt for us to think of positive, happy memories associated with swim wear – rather than obsess over how our bodies are shaped and how self-conscious swimsuits can make us. Absolutely loved it.
007. I made this for Father’s Day, and yes it was as good as it looks. Ice cream pie based on Ben&Jerry’s “Everything But The…” [my Daddio’s favorito]:
008. Here is a picture that I just found while uploading that one. It’s pretty old, but it’s always been one of my favorite photos of myself. For a lot of reasons. One of them being the fabulous garage sale find that I am holding. Foam parrots are such a treasure, don’t you agree??
009. I had a dentist appointment today. And you know what? I think I finally found a good dentist. I had absolutely zero anxiety prior to and during this appointment [which is a first for me] and felt zero pain whatsoever [and he was placing a temporary crown – that business is not fun]. I am beyond thrilled.
010. Movies I have yet to see, but really want to: The Croods, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Man of Steel, Jurassic Park 2 & 3 (yeah somehow I missed them growing up).
Movies that I am super stoked about: Turbo, Monsters University, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2, Despicable Me 2, The Hobbit: whatever-the-next-one-is-called, How To Train Your Dragon 2, The Lego Movie, Happy Smekday!, and Me and My Shadow (whenever it eventually gets released).
Movie that I recently saw that was better than I anticipated: Escape From Planet Earth.
[yes….we love kids’ movies around here. that’s what you get when your hubs works for Dreamworks and is an animation buff, and I absolutely love it. also I guess sequels are just getting better these days??]
So, yeah. There you have it. I told you it was going to be wonderful! I promise I’ll make time to write up some good stuff soon. I have an update about my hippie shampoo recipe, and lots of things to say about the cloth diapers I’ve been using [and LOVING]. Plus maybe some recipes. And maybe some photos of my house and my mediocre-at-best interior design/decorating skillz [if I can ever get it together]. 🙂
So apparently, there is this thing that bloggers do.
Well, the pregnant-lady ones that is.
They post cute little updates and pictures of them with their growing baby bump, and just generally let you know how pregnancy is and stuff. Like a little diary. It’s cute.
But I’m not digging it, for myself….
So instead, here is a picture of the awesome green rug I bought for my living room last week!
The curtains have since been taken down and are awaiting a return…because I liked them less and less each time I saw them. Hahaha. But the rug, I love. A whole lot. But really, who can resist a green shag rug?!
Not me, that’s who.
ps is it weird that I’ll talk ALL about pregnancy and all things associated with it if you ask me in person, yet I don’t really want to blog about it?? I mean, I don’t even have to know someone that well for them to get me talking about OB/GYN visits and puking and breasts and anything else awkward. but on the internet to a general audience?? not a peep. hahaha.
I was just talking to my Momma dearest. As was giving me words of motherly wisdom and encouragement she added, “I KNOW you will be able to do anything you set your mind on doing! You are determined and you DO things! No matter what it is! You came out that way!!”
She then recounted the story of how, as a baby, I couldn’t quite get the hang of how to crawl at first. But I didn’t let that stop me from going where I wanted to go, all by myself….I taught myself how to roll instead. I was a steamrollin’ machine!
My Mom would take me to playgroups with other ladies and their babies, and they’d have the Mommy talks, “Oh, how is she eating, how are her naps, and is she crawling yet??”
My Mom would always reply, “Oh, no, she doesn’t crawl….but she is DEFINITELY mobile,”
And the ladies would just smile and give a rousing, “Oh that’s nice.”
Until they’d been distracted for a while and suddenly couldn’t find me, and I turned up all the way across the living room and halfway down the hall.
Then they were giving a rousing, “HOW THE HECK DID SHE GET THERE?! You said she doesn’t even crawl!!”
“Well, I told you she was mobile.” was my Momma’s tongue-in-cheek reply…
This story is pretty funny to me. But what’s even funnier, is that it speaks volumes about who I still am as an individual.
Even though this happened when I was less than a year old, the same basic personality traits can apply to my twenty-something self.
Impressive, ain’t it?!
I am so grateful to have parents around to remind us who we are, with simple silly stories like this.
Are there any stories from your childhood that you love/are hilarious/mean something to you?! I love hearing baby stories : ) and seeing others’ baby photos. It’s one of my hobbies. Not that I sneak into parents’ homes and look through family photo albums…that would be creepy. But if it happens to come up somehow, I secretly love it. So feel free to share 🙂
PS – I’ve noticed I’ve gotten quite a few new followers recently…and I don’t know any of you! Please say hello! I’d love to meet you 🙂
As I was looking through some blogs of people I know and sorting through blogs that I read, I realized that most people I follow fall under these categories:
People who have gotten married and are forced to start a blog via peer pressure from relatives.
Countless hours are spent formatting a cutesy blog, subscribing to all of the family, and picking a writing style that cutely documents their life as a couple, etc.
Single college-students like myself who also happen to have a blog because it was cool at some point.
Typically, they rarely ever update their blogs. Because they’re busy doing homework and chilling with people, etc.
Adults, college-grads, people with families/careers that have something to say.
Well, either something to say or photos to post or funny anecdotes from parenting situations. Stuff like that. There’s always a purpose behind their blog, or at least some theme that ties it all together.
People I don’t really know, but they’re popular blogs that I read for my daily dose of humor.
Check out cakewrecks or superuseless superpowers, for example.
I feel like an anomaly now.
I think I’d be classified as: a Single college student with no real career who doesn’t really have many people that read her blog she just says stuff for the sake of saying it because she likes to talk. Updates when feels the need to ramble or say something [AKA fairly often]. Someone will possibly happen to read her posts because they care, but in all reality it doesn’t really get read [at least to her knowledge].
There isn’t really a specific purpose to the blog. You get a few funny stories, occasional life updates, philosophical musings, song lyrics, and anything that she might find funny.
Hahaha, how interesting. It makes me laugh. I need more friends like me that blog, I guess 😛