My awesomesauce cousin, the one and only Jubilant Jessi, nominated me for a Liebster award! I love silly-fun-blog-things like this, and hope you can play along too 🙂
- I grew up in Kansas City, Missouri. But I also moved away eight years ago, my memory of the area is pretty foggy, and I feel a little phony claiming to be “from” there.
- This year, I have baked 5 full size pies.
- Last year I baked 19 full-size pies.
- I handmade all of the flowers for my sister’s wedding [in May].
- Funfetti is my favorite kind of cake.
- Mint chocolate chip is my favorite flavor of ice cream – I like to critique different brands and pretend I’m cool or something when I compare the chip-to-ice-cream ratios and such.
- One of my favorite scriptures that I’ve found recently is Ecclesiastes 7:12 (KJV) “For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.”
- I have two younger sisters and three younger brothers. The birth order is girl-boy all the way down the line.
- I am officially one-eighth Mexican. Not that you can tell by looking at me.
- I am a Mormon! The monthly magazine published by our church is called the Ensign. The August issue arrived in my mailbox today, and I loved this article: [No Corrupt Communication] and these articles that were referenced in it: [Parental Sarcasm] [The Science of Sarcasm? Yeah, Right.] [The Tongue of Angels]
Definitely gave me some food for thought today.
- I recently read this blog post about a “30 days of self portraits” challenge. I think I might do it. Here are two from today:
1. Why did you start blogging?
Because I have a lot to say [sometimes], and I liked the idea of publishing it somewhere where people could drop by and read it if they wanted to, but it wasn’t going to pop up on a feed [or clog their “bulletins” on Myspace, etc]. I actually started out with a Myspace blog….and then switched to Blogger in 2008, and then to WordPress in 2012. If you go back in my archives, I’ve actually saved some of my best posts from my Myspace blog and transferred them to the different platforms I’ve had over the years!
2. Where is one place you have always wanted to go?
Fiji! The Truman Show was my favorite movie for a long time….so Fiji was always my answer. I guess I’ll stick to it.
3. What was your worst cooking disaster?
Oh dear. One time I tried to cook rice and I didn’t have enough water in the pot, so it burned…badly. The residue never. came. off. I was cooking something else to go with it too, and it also burned and got stuck. I think my parents ended up throwing all of those pots/pans away.
4. Best thing on the internet?
5. Favorite family activity?
Dinner time! Kind of simple, but sitting around the dinner table with my whole family was [and still is] my favorite part of the day.
6. What’s your best crafty creation?
7. Just how cool are you? 🙂
I’m so cool that I’m attempting to sew my own cloth diapers! I’m turning my basic prefold diapers into fitted diapers. It’s going well enough, considering I’m not using a pattern. I’ll keep you posted…
8. What book should I read?
Anything written by Agatha Christie! Miss Marple mysteries are my absolute favorite.
9. If you could learn a new skill, what would it be?
Probably the skill of being multi-lingual. That would just be awesome. So far, I’ve mastered really-pathetic-broken-Spanish.
10. Sugar or salt?
Oooh. Depends on the day, but usually I’ll go for sugar.
11. What do you do when you’re up late and can’t sleep?
Read a good book until I get drowsy eyes. It usually works!
hmm. anyone else who enjoys surveys and random facts and blog linkage! comment if you’re carrying on the trend and I’ll link you right up 🙂
and here is a Q&A from me:
01. What is your name?
02. What is your quest?
03. What….is your favorite color?
04. Did you get that movie reference? And do you know the air speed velocity of a fully-laden swallow? ; )
05. What is your favorite movie? [or, favorite movie in each of your favorite genres?]
06. What kind of blogs do you like to read?
07. Are you a blog-stalker???
08. How would you decorate your dream home?
09. What is your favorite meal to cook?
10. What are your favorite pizza toppings?
11. How many times in your life have you utilized public transportation?
and that concludes this edition of yet-another-stream-of-consciousness-veiled-as-something-constructive. thank you for listening, and please join us next time!